You are here
A Quick Overview
The English School of Kyrenia (ESK) is a purpose-built modern day and boarding school offering exciting opportunities for academic excellence and personal development for boys and girls aged 3 to 18.
At The English School of Kyrenia (ESK), we offer a high-quality British-style education in a safe and calm environment in the heart of the Mediterranean.
- IB World School
- Cambridge Independent Academic Centre
- EDEXCEL Independent Academic Centre
- Member of COBIS (Council of British International Schools)
- Primary school: follows the prestigious Cambridge International Primary Programme (CIPP)
- Secondary School: follows British National Curriculum with 16 subjects of choice and local ministry courses leading to GCSE and IGCSE at the end of Year 11
- Sixth Form (Years 12 & 13) students can choose between either the IB Diploma Programme or A-Levels
- Boarding option in state of the art modern facilities with plenty of opportunities for activities after school and at the weekend
- Boarding costs are between 45-50% lower than the equivalent schools in UK and Europe
- In-house university/college placement officers. Typical destinations for graduates are UK, USA and EU universities (94% UK)
- No less than 40% of graduates attend Russell Group (top 24) universities in the UK or their equivalent worldwide, many with financial awards
- IGCSE results exceed UK GCSE results by a significant amount, our UK ranking would be within the top 11% of independent schools. In the last three years, ESK students have twice won the Highest International Mark at IGCSE (Russian, Art & Design)
- Excellent IB Diploma results with significant proportion of students gaining 35 points or higher, 35% better than the IB global average scores
- Variety of extra-curricular activities on offer including a highly successful Duke of Edinburgh International Award programme and Model United Nations
- Secondary school curriculum includes Leadership courses endorsed by the CMI, Chartered Management Institute, London
- Creative Arts also supported with separate departments for Visual Art, Music and Drama. Recent production of William Shakespeare’s ‘The Tempest’ in the school amphitheatre
- Broad choice of subjects, 17 IBDP and 15 A-Level subjects to choose from. International assessment in mother-tongue can be supported in almost all cases
- Highly effective EFL for those who need it is provided, and may be enhanced
- Highly international students mix with 32 nationalities
- Preparation for global workforce – future generations will have global jobs, and preparedness includes leadership training and cutting-edge ICT
- Easy access from other countries, we are 35 min from the nearest major international airport
The ESK Primary School, covering the formative ages of 3 to 11, provides a warm and friendly environment where children can learn with confidence.
The Secondary School takes pupils through from 11 to 18 years of age. Students are given a more challenging education and encouraged to achieve beyond their expectations.
- Bilim Sokak
- Bellapais - Kyrenia
- North Cyprus
- (via Mersin 10 Turkey)
+90 392 444 0375